Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I'm Still Here

I've been a horrible failure at keeping up this blog.  If anyone still checks it out, my sincere apologies!

While I would love to say I'm recommitted to blogging daily, I feel like I'm just setting myself up to fail.  I will just say that as I meet more and more people who have struggled with their weight like me, I will do my best to post more often.

So what's been happening with me for the last 2.5 months?

I started Insanity.  I hated it.

I learned that I hate that much cardio.  I missed lifting weights.  Make no mistake, it is an insane program; I've never been challenged so much by a work out program, but every morning, I dreaded going downstairs and pushing play.

I don't believe you should hate your work out.

So I stopped Insanity to do the Ultimate Reset, a 21 day clean eating detox plan that was the hardest thing I've ever done.  I'm a life long snacker and grazer, which admittedly is my biggest weakness.  They give you a full meal plan and supplements to cleanse and detox, but it's a fairly strict schedule.  Overall, I was able to follow it about 90%.  I had a few slips and I hated that I did, but nothing I can do to change that now.  My husband did it with me; I couldn't have been more proud of him either.  He lost 17.5 lbs, while I lost 6.5 lbs.  As hard as it was, I would definitely do this again now that I know what to expect and how it really works!

The kids are amazing too  I have one on my lap as I type and the other one is pressed up against me.  It's not very easy to blog like this but I love my cuddle time with them.  Tomorrow we head to Chicago and attend good friends' wedding.  I'm anxious to see how they do on the plane, even though they've been fine in the past.  I just never know what I'll get with Phoebe.  Wish us luck!

I'll post soon with our Ultimate Reset pictures and a review of Lean Out.  I have been researching a new-to-me exercise philosophy for after Lean Out that I'm excited to share with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment