Friday, March 8, 2013

Routines- Exercise

I'm chatting with a very nice lady on My Fitness Pal and I realized I've never blogged about my routine- exercise or diet wise.  I don't think I'd classify the schedule as a routine,  but I definitely follow guidelines.  I need structure and love to plan!

I'm going to make this a two part blog, because the day has gotten away from me!

Exercise
I have a word document with a 2013 calendar, where I plan out all of my work outs.  I love this format because it gives me a clear vision of what I'm supposed to do and when.

Cardio is obviously very important, but I love lifting weights too. Currently, I'm doing ChaLean Extreme and Turbo Fire, based on a schedule I got from Chalene's sister herself.  Yes, I'm pretty proud of this!  I have three days of weights, five days of cardio, and three days of core work.  It's a three month schedule that ends at the end of March.  Starting April 1, I will follow the Insanity 60 day schedule.  I've tried before to follow my own schedule but choosing programs that come WITH one is so much easier for me.  Plus, I yield much better results.

Here is this week's schedule:

Sunday, March 3: REST
Monday, March 4:  ChaLean Extreme Lean Circuit 3, HIIT 25, ChaLean Extreme Ab Burner
Tuesday, March 5:  Turbo Fire 55EZ, 10 Minute Stretch (or 3.1 mile run)
Wednesday, March 6:  ChaLean Extreme Lean Circuit 3, Turbo Fire Stretch 10
Thursday, March 7: Turbo Fire45EZ and Core 20 (or 3.1 mile run)
Friday, March 8:  ChaLean Extreme Lean Circuit 3 & Turbo Fire HIIT 15
Saturday, March 9:  Turbo Fire 45 and ChaLean Extreme Ab Burner

I think my body adjusted to Turbo Fire a bit, so I'm mixing in some running instead.  I already feel leaner since adding it!

I set my alarm everyday for 5:10 AM.  It's imperative that I get up and get my work out in before the kids get up.  Once they're up, I'm in mom mode and I won't be able to do anything.  Colin likes to jump next to  me and Phoebe likes to stand at my feet and moan "mama."  She hates when I work out!

I also sleep in my work out clothes.  It cuts time out in the morning so I can get to the living room as soon as I can.  I set up my work out space the night before too.  Yes, I work out in my living room.  A room I share with a Thomas the Train train table, multiple monster trucks, about seven Disney princesses, a bat cave, and so many matchbox cars, it's amazing.  I have very little room but I make it work.  Luckily for me, I can tuck my SelectTech weights away in the corner and they aren't too noticeable.  They're ready for me along with my lifting gloves, heart rate monitor, bottle of water and my computer to play my DVDs.

There are no words to express how much I need this me time.  Yes, I get tired. I can fall asleep in less than five minutes most nights.  It's totally worth it though!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jennifer!

    I didn't know you had a blog!? All this time :)

    Wow the hybrid schedule is intense! I don't have TF but it is on my wish list. Right now I am doing a hyrbid of Insanity and CLX. 3 days of CLX and 2-3 of Insanity depending on the week. I never thought of doing the two workouts in one day... CLX plus a cardio. How are you finding that? I do need a greater push so I think I might try that this week. I have the greatest HIITS that comes with CLX so maybe I will add that in 2 days a week....

    I get up at the same time to workout as well for the same reasons :)

    ReplyDelete