Thursday, February 21, 2013

Weigh In Wednesday, Paleo Recipes & the Ultimate Warrior

I forgot to post about my weigh in yesterday!   I was down a 1.5 lbs!  I'm happy with that, but I'm still just floating between the same few lbs.  Yesterday's number was the lowest I've ever been, but I can't seem to maintain this weight.  We shall see what the week brings me!

I found this web site recently and I love it!  It has a lot of recipes, fashion, and such, but I really love the paleo recipes.  I tend to look more at the baked goods, but I'm only going to make a few of them!

I had a really interesting conversation with a co-worker of mine who is also very into fitness and body building.  For your reference, he wants to (as is almost there in terms of muscles) look like the Ultimate Warrior (below), so I trusts he knows a little bit about fitness.

He asked me what my goals were and I said lose 10 more lbs.  He asked how much cardio I was doing and I told him I do 4-5 days of high intensity interval training, with each work out being 30-50 minutes long.  I told him I also doing weights with ChaLean Extreme three days a week and I was lifting as heavy as I could. He recommended I increase my cardio to six days a week for as long as I can.  Keep up with lifting three days but don't go as heavy as I can- aim for just enough weight.  Lastly, he said to layer in core work three days. 

It was such an interesting conversation!  When I hit my goal weight, he said to flip the schedule and lift more, and reduce cardio slightly.  It all made sense and I'm eager to try it out.  Once I finish ChaLean Extreme and Turbo Fire, I'm doing Insanity April 1st!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment