Thursday, February 14, 2013

Whole30 Day....

Well, I'm not even sure what day it is.

26 or 17

I do know Sunday is my last day and I have many mixed emotions about the whole thing.

Where to start?  My biggest worry is that I somehow missed the entire point of this challenge.  Did I cut out all processed food?  Yes.  Am I eating a ton of veggies and lean proteins?  I am.  Limiting fruit?  Yes, even though it really sucks because I love fruit.  Consuming healthy fats?  I'm buying canned coconut milk and I hate coconut.

Yes, I feel like I'm following all of the rules, but deep down inside, I feel less than 100% committed.  I feel worn out from all of the prep, shopping, and cooking this lifestyle requires.  I have to find and print out recipes (I do better with physical papers).  Make a grocery list, go shopping, and then start cooking a week's worth of food.  It takes a lot of work and  to be honest, I'm tired of it.

While I love eating better, having more energy, seeing a slight decrease in my belly pudge, I can't say I'm enoying this challenge.  It just takes up so much time that I don't want to do it every single day.  I'm too lazy and I know it.

I will definitely continue with aspects of this eating mentality.  Actually, I'm going to keep most of it up, but I'm not going to berate myself if I want a sandwich one day or fruit more than twice a day.  I'm going to drink my Shakeology for the health and convenience it provides me even if it has six grams of sugar in it.  I'm going to eat a sweet potato every day because I love them that much.  I want Triscuits and hummus, legumes be damned!

I have decided though, to do this again later in the spring. I really do love the philosophy behind it.   I'm going to prep for much longer than I did this time with listing recipes and have more meal ideas ahead of time.  Knowing now what to expect and what is required, I think I've set myself up for success the second time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment