Wednesday, September 12, 2012

1200

I'm following a dietary plan for five days that says I can only eat 1200 calories a day.  It can say anything it wants, because I am having such a hard time eating only 1200.

It's a decent meal plan.  There's real food involved and most are things I normally eat.  See my post from a few days ago for the first day's menu.  Most normal people, I would think would be full on the plan laid out.

Not me.

On my third day,  I have discovered that it is pretty much physically impossible for me to stay around this number though.  Normally I eat around 1400-1500 calories a day and I've always struggled with eating- I eat too much.  It was common for me to eat until my stomach hurt.  For the most part, I've learned to listen to my stomach more than my head and stop when I start to feel full.  It's just a struggle that I don't always win.

It's so much worse when there's a voice in my head whispering every few minutes "you're hungry!"

When I feel the urge to eat, I'm chugging water (and heading to the bathroom every hour). I have a lollipop in my mouth right now too.  I keep trying new tricks to stop me from marching down to the kitchen and eating my afternoon snack an hour early!

No comments:

Post a Comment