Thursday, August 9, 2012

Intensity

I set my alarm for 5:15 am most mornings- even on Saturday and Sundays.  Before you even ask- YES!  I'm very tired.  I can't seem to get the light out at night before 11 PM, so I don't get as much sleep as I should.  Or as much as I want.

There are mornings, I can feel myself dragging.  I find reasons to delay getting my work out started- even though I know I have to be done before 6:15 when Sweet Pea will wake up screaming for me.  This morning was one of those mornings.

I planned a 50 minute cardio work out:  Punch, Kick, & Jam from Chalene Johnson's Turbo Jam.  I knew I needed a good, solid sweat, but  I just wasn't into it.  My warm up was so weak and thoughts of only doing 20-25 minutes crept in my mind.

Chalene has a way of getting to me though.  Some of the things she says to motivate throughout the warm up really struck me this morning as I swung my arms more like a money and less like a trained boxer.

I'll get out of this what I put into it.

What's the point of waking up so early if I'm just going to shuffle my way through this?  Barely break a sweat?  Doing a half-ass punch combo isn't going to make the numbers on the scale move, or give me more energy, or make me feel leaner.

So, even though I was tired and didn't feel like working out at all, I kicked up my intensity.  I threw every punch like my life depended on it.  Chuck Norris has nothing on my kicks.  I was a kickboxing dynamo.

See who's so happy she worked out?
                                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment