Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Let's Try This...Again

As I started setting this blog up last night, DH (my husband of five years) asked me "how many blogs do you have??"  Ok, ok- yes, this may be my third blog, but third time is a charm, right?

Blog #2 is fairly new, but the title that I came up with never sat very well with me (Thoughts of a Former Fat Girl).  I hate the word "fat."  Probably because I was fat for as long as I can remember and it's affected so much of who I am and what I've done in my life.  Not really in a positive way either.  Standing in the place I'm in now, blog #2 just didn't fit my new out look and where I'm at now.  I want to project a positive attitude and nothing about "fat" strikes me as positive.  Hence, Fit and Fierce Mama was born!

Here's a brief bio in bullet points:
  • Overweight my entire life, including adolescence
  • Highest known weight: 252 (at birth of second baby)
  • Lowest known weight prior to this weight loss: 177
  • Weight when I started getting healthy: 230 lbs
  • Current Weight: 150 lbs
  • Current Weight loss: 80 lbs
  • Lbs until goal met: 10 lbs YAY!!!!
  • Things I've tried through out my life to lose weight in no particular order:
    • Slimfast
    • Weight Watchers
    • Usana Reset
    • Metabolife (before we knew how unsafe it was)
    • Shakeology
  • Exercises I've done throughout my life:
    • Beachbody DVDs
    • Jogging
    • Tae Bo
    • Bob Harper DVDs
    • Pilates
    • Zumba
    • Yoga
    • Jillian Michaels DVDs
    • Lindsay Brin DVDs
  • Married to a wonderful guy we'll call DH (stands for Dear Husband)
  • Have two little ones, a boy (Captain) and a girl (Sweet Pea)
  • Those are not their real names
  • I've signed on to become an Independent Beachbody coach to help others get healthy
  • I have a "real" full time job in arts marketing that I really enjoy
  • No longer need medication for high cholesterol
  • No longer have borderline high blood pressure
I'm committing myself now to keeping this blog live, viable, and thriving.  I want to use this as an outlet and resource for anyone who struggles with their body and health.  I want it to be a  positive place full of support,  good ideas, and funny moments.  There will probably be a couple of bitch sessions too!

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Can't wait to hear from you :-) btw, you look A FREAKING MAZING!! (your mfp friend dallen) I will try to figure out how to subscribe...new to this blog stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are always evolving, right? This sounds so much more positive! Fierce & Fit Mama....LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete