Sunday, August 12, 2012

My Favorite Things

I love wearing my work out clothes and if I could get away with it, I'd wear them all day long.  Can you blame me?  Sports bras and yoga pants are comfortable!

Here are just a few of the ones I like and are my favorites.  Nothing too off the charts either, I have a tendency to buy a lot that I can't go spending a lot of money.

Sports Bra:  Aerie FIT Racerback Bra

Comfy, supportive, and stylish, I have this in two colors and plan on ordering a few more soon.  The adjustable straps and mesh panels never make me feel like I'm trapped in the bra (a problem I've had with other brands).  It doesn't hurt that DH thinks these are sexy!



These are SO comfortable!  They move/stretch with me and I never have to adjust them.   These are one of my few pairs that don't give me a wedgie when I run!   Plus, when I sweat a lot, they don't stick to me!


Fitness Guru: Chalene Johnson


Normally, I get pretty annoyed with fitness people.  It's impossible for people to be that positive, perky, or fit.  It's one of the reasons I've jumped around from Jillian Michaels to Bob Harper to Lindsay Brin.  I discovered Chalene a few months ago and I was dreading her work out.  Almost four months later, I've developed a man crush on her.   She just seems to say the right thing at the right time to keep me motivated and moving.  She seems goofy and relate-able.  I'm totally smitten.


Shoes: Asics

I'll be honest here- I can't remember for the life of me which style of Asics I have.  They kind of look like these: 

These are very comfortable.  That's about as in depth as I get about shoes.  Obviously, I need to dedicate more time and energy to find the right sneaker for me.



Calorie Counter:  MyFitnessPal.com
                                                      
I LOVE this site for calorie counting!  It has an extensive data base for food and exercise, it's easy to see get set up and use, and has a really active and supportive online community.  Find me there and see my daily food journal if you want:  Kini324


Health/Protein Shake: Shakeology


Four flavors are available, but I love chocolate!  160 calories per serving, 6 g of sugar, 2 g of fat, and 17 g of protein.  With my health issues, it has the extra vitamins and supplements I need: calcium (500 mg), folic acid (200 mcg), vitamin D (200 IU), Vitamin B12 (6 mcg).    Plus, a slew of other good things. It helps me with energy, suppressing my appetite, and I get a chocolate shake every morning!

1 comment:

  1. True! Much like snuggies, workout clothes, especially sports bras, are the most comfortable thing to wear – if only you can get away with them 24/7. Hehehe. Comfy workout clothes make you want to work out tougher, and sports bras give you all the support you need with all those crunches and push-ups. :)


    -Ted Juhl

    ReplyDelete