Monday, January 28, 2013

It's What's on the Inside that Matters

I was at a baby shower yesterday.  It was hell- only because I had almost NO food choices.  I ate fruit, scallops (I peeled the bacon off), and meatballs.  I actually stopped eating the meatballs after two because I highly doubt they were prepared without BBQ sauce.  Temptation was everywhere- pasta salad, deviled eggs, thanksgiving rolls, tomato pie, and don't even ask me about the dessert table.  I'm pretty sure a tear rolled down my cheek when they cut the cake.

Oh and there was a keg and a wine bar.  

Anyway, I saw family members I haven't seen in awhile, which is nice but I had the same conversation with a few of them.  How much have I lost now?  How did I do it?

I get the feeling they mostly want me to say "I woke up one day, decided not to be unhealthy anymore, and now I'm not."

Ok, maybe not those words exactly, but they want to hear I took a pill or some other quick fix to lose 80 lbs.  I wish!

It's nice to hear from others how good I look (although it really makes me think I looked like complete CRAP before).   I always make a point thought to share the HEALTH affects of losing the weigh.  I no longer have high cholesterol and don't need medication for it.  My blood pressure is awesome.  For someone who's had TWO high risk pregnancies because of it, that's a relief.  My triglycerides are in the ideal range and I'm not pre-diabetic anymore.  

If I hadn't made the choice to not be unhealthy anymore, I don't know what I'd be dealing with now.  The outside benefits are nice too; I know my husband appreciates them too!   I'm just thankful I'm being proactive about my health and reactive.  





1 comment:

  1. I haven't been here in a while! I'm so glad that your health improved so much! but just an fyi - when I was first pregnant with Zachary and we came down (you must have been either pregnant or almost pregnant) I was envious because I thought you looked so great and I felt like a sea-sick whale! So never think that you looked like crap before because you didn't!!

    ReplyDelete