Monday, January 21, 2013

Squash

My newest food obsession is squash.  Yellow, zucchini, butternut, and spaghetti.  I'm slowly educating myself on all the different kinds and how you can cook them.  Since I'm trying the Whole30 Challenge, I have been scouring the internet for quick, easy recipes.  I'm learning that the words "quick" and "easy" don't exist in the Whole30 world.  Sigh.

I spent a lot of time this weekend cooking. I enjoy cooking, surprisingly enough,  but spending my weekend days in the kitchen takes me away from the kids. My time with them is so limited since I work full time, so I have a hard time not being with them as much as I can on the weekends.  A bit strange, I know, since we're in the same house, but I want to be engaging with them, making them smile, hearing them laugh.  I'm getting off track here- sorry!

I carved out some time today to make a few recipes using the squash I bought over the weekend.  I did major grocery shopping for this healthy eating challenge.  It actually took me three trips to get what I needed for the recipes I saved.

They were pretty easy, prep time was not very long, and from what I sampled, they tasted pretty good.  My new favorite web site Chow Stalker has a lot of recipes and I found some easier ones for my squash.  I cooked up a storm and my fridge is now packed full!

I'm really excited for this one


And this one:



No comments:

Post a Comment